District Ventures and IBM Innovation Space
Our unique state of the art programing and demand-driven innovation with large enterprise clients sets us apart and creates an environment where large enterprise and entrepreneurs build relationships, grow, collaborate on real world challenges, and excel.
The District Ventures and IBM Innovation Space is not simply an accelerator – it is platform for a smarter, more efficient and more entrepreneurial business environment in Canada.
What You Get
As an Industry Client, Consortium, Association or Institution
- Access to innovative solutions through hand-picked and qualified entrepreneurs.
- Rapid development and testing of business models.
- A highly collaborative environment and access to resources that augment your current expertise.
- Support for the Canadian economy through entrepreneurship.
- The opportunity to leverage leading edge IBM technology. (Bluemix)
As an Entrepreneur (Start-up, Scale-up, SMB)
- Access to expert mentors and developers ready to assist with you technical and business needs.
- Through IBM’s Global Entrepreneur Program (GEP), entrepreneurs receive up to $120K in IBM credits to use our IBM Bluemix hybrid cloud development platform and IBM Watson services.
- Weekly events and programming with our partners and IBM and District Ventures executives to teach you everything from selling your product and recruiting the right people to integrating our technology in the most effective manner.
- Streamlined direct access to clients as well as through IBM and District Venture’s networks to help your business scale quickly and efficiently.
- Workspace at our beautiful Kensington office (see (application section) for more details)
- Assistance with seeking funding through our partners and local VCs as well as client engagements.
To be eligible to participate in the IBM Global Entrepreneur Program, an entrepreneur (Start-up, Scale up):
- Must have been founded within the 5 years immediately preceding the application.
- Must be incorporated in Canada.
- Must have less than US $1M in revenues during the last 12 months.
- Must not have been a paying customer for IBM Cloud services prior to application.
- Up to US $120K in IBM credits towards IBM Bluemix hybrid cloud development platform and IBM Watson services